1. I hate unpacking after being away, but the answer is to lose our suitcase. Voila! Nothing to unpack!
2. But losing our suitcase is incredibly inconvenient. I keep remembering all the things - the little things - that I really need, and had taken for granted. I remember them layer by untidy layer. A bit like mental unpacking. So I might just as well have done the physical sort.
3. Never mind the wonderful reviews. The play of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time is tedious beyond words. We walked out halfway through. I much preferred the book.
4. I don't always remember even half the things I write down on shopping lists that I then leave behind. Many of today's were to replace essentials from the missing suitcase.
5. A savvy, street-wise London son is very good at organising the search for the missing suitcase (see 1). But no luck yet.
6. It doesn't matter what I look like. After all, who cares? From now on I shall always, always wear comfortable shoes in London.
7. Women (i.e. me) mind far make about missing suitcases than men (John). Why is this?
8. I have become obsessed with the missing suitcase. I shall now draw this post to an end.