Every so often I am inspired to create an amazing new dish, like my Thrice baked lemon meringue pie. This happened again yesterday.
Specially mixed Mediterranean vegetables:
1. Toss sliced peppers, courgettes, red onions and cherry tomatoes in herbs, seasoning and olive oil.
2. Roast in a hot oven for about forty minutes.
3. Carefully remove the tin with the cooked vegetables.
4. Upend the tin onto the floor. Ensure all the vegetable have fallen out. There should be a big oily pool of grease with the veg scattered about in it.
5. Using a large fish slice, scoop all the veg back into the tin. By this time, they will be well mixed.
Cook's note: this doesn't work so well if the floor is carpeted. It also helps if the floor is clean (ish).