Wednesday 30 January 2019

Ode to Writerr's Block

I've discovered a (another) wonderful way of wasting time: the Sonnet Generator. You feed in certain words, and bingo! A sonnet appears! This is mine, written entirely by the generator (with a few choice words supplied by me).

   ODE TO WRITER'S BLOCK     

My writers block, you inspire me to write.
I hate the way you pounce, surprise and creep,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the block short sleep.

Let me compare you to a library?
You are more frustrate and more disable.
Snow chills the berries of January,
And wintertime has the lead pier table.

How do I hate you? Let me count the ways.
I hate your frustrating and unhappy.
How your infuriating fills my days!
My hate for you is the pop white crappie.

Now I must away with an impede heart,
Remember my top words whilst we're apart


Ps. I'm actually writing quite happily today, but thought I deserved a break...

10 comments:

  1. Now I've seen everything as far as procrastination goes, Frances! Think I'll give that generator a miss - especially since I like writing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a bit repetitive, Rosemary, but fun for the odd ten minutes!

      Delete
  2. Great fun can I have the link please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrian, just google sonnet generator, and away you go 😀

      Delete
  3. Hmm... I know you can do much better than the sonnet generator, Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do a search to be convinced that there really was such a thing as a sonnet generator. I was, how you say, gobsmacked! I was initially sure that you had written the sonnet yourself and was pulling our collective legs.

    I simply must know which and how many of those words you supplied yourself. For example, did you rhyme crappy and unhappy or was the generator responsbile?

    Finally, on a philosophical note, where are the berries of yesteryear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m afraid I’m afraid I can’t rememebr which words I supplied, but the rhymes are all the generator’s own. As for the berries of yesteryear....who can tell?

      Delete
  5. Youu havee aa tinyy typoo inn yourr postt's titlee.

    ReplyDelete