I've just returned from three days of helping with grandchildren while my lovely daughter-in-law was away. These are three wonderful and very naughty boys, including the disappearing 3-year-old George mentioned in a previous post (he did disappear. About fifteen times).
1. Finding the right children coming out of school. The school is huge, and the children stream out all looking much the same, and it's a bit like trying to collect your luggage off an airport carousel. You know it's there - it's got to be there - but on the other hand, it could be in Dubai. I nearly panicked, as one of them was the very last to emerge. Not in Dubai, then. Phew.
2. Seeing Joshua the guinea pig eating toast and marmalade and drinking tea (yes really. He takes one sugar) at breakfast.
3. Finding Goerge (about fifteen times).
4. Discovering that Freddy hadn't broken his arm (falling off the slide) after all.
5. Spending time with son when they were in bed.
1. Losing George.
2. George managing to wipe William's homework from the computer.
3. Mealtimes (enough said).
4. Having to leave them, because they are funny and bright and excellent company, and I love them dearly.
I'm now going to lie down in a darkened room. I may be gone for some time.