Monday, 28 April 2014
Things my grandmother has learnt today
1. Nothing - repeat, nothing - removes superglue from fingers. Not even nail polish remover. She's tried that. She'll just have to wait unti it...drops off. Fortunately, her fingers are no longer sticking to each other.
2. Oil seed rape is now high enough to hide a good-sized deer. These leap out suddenly in front of horses, causing consternation, and potential accidents (today, she managed to stay on. Not like last time).
2. "April showers" is a misnomer. They are more like April monsoons. She's just got caught in one.
3. She is very weary of wearing her winter uniform of jeans, shirt, sweater, trainers. She would like to paint her toenails red and give her feet an airing. No-one's seen them (the feet) since about September.
4. Her youngest grandson (that's me) is both beautiful and cheerful, and this post is really an excuse for my photo. She says it's cheered her up.