Saturday 2 May 2015

Sleeping teenagers and Catch 22

Minding teenage triplet grandchildren, who sleep all the time, I am filling my time with this.

In today's Times, we are told that the proposed one-way trip to Mars may damage astronauts' brains. This poses an interesting question: i.e.. to want to go on this trip in the first place, you'd have to be mad, but if you are chosen, presumably you have to be declared sane. Catch 22 all over again.

(I may have posted about this before, but as I said, I'm short of entertainment. The teenagers are now awake, fed,  and on their screens..)

7 comments:

  1. How fortunate to have grandchildren who sleep...ours are all hyperactive. Your/my favourite blogger is interesting at present; a classic of its sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awful, and have decided you were right. It just has to be a spoof. no-one could be that appalling and have that number of followers.

    I guess your grandchildren are a bit younger than mine? I have some of the small, wakeful kind as well.Lovely, but exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful book. When it was published (in the days when I devoured books) I read it twice in as many years. I keep meaning to read it again but there's far too many I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Re-reading a book means not reading a new one.Sad.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you are 'down with the kids' on your screen too Frances. I expect they don't want to disturb you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie,they're perfectly happy to disturb me any time. We've now reached the "panic. Homework due in tomorrow" stage.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear I have never read this. I think I will buy a copy even though I don't have triplet teenagers to mind.

    ReplyDelete