Wendy* has had an astonishing record in keeping her last lot of new year resolutions, and I really admire her. I, however, have not. Here are/were some of mine:
1. Finish the novel. No. Well, not quite.
2. Take at least two books to Oxfam every week. No.
3. Ditto unwanted clothes. No.
4. Drink less. Actually, yes. We've been better this year, but I suspect only because we haven't felt so tempted. Not sure why.
5. Be tidier. No, though I did turn out one drawer. This wasn't nearly as rewarding as I'd hoped, and I can still no longer remember what's in it (sticking plaster? Batteries? String?).
6. Write a to-do list in my diary each week, and stick to it. No and no ( which probably accounts for the failures above).
7. Not fall of the horse. No.
8. Blog less. Yes, I think...Well, a bit less.
Oh dear. This isn't looking good. But tonight, we are having our own little party, and we are going to make Resolutions. Both of us. And stick to them.
Watch this space (unless I resolve to do give up blogging altogether, which is a possibility).
Happy new year!