Sunday 17 September 2017

Hello, autumn wardrobe, and an advertisement

The colour magazine of our Sunday paper invites readers to "say hello to your autumn wardrobe". Well, hello, autumn wardrobe, but haven't we met before?

The short answer is, yes. Last autumn/winter, and several more autumns and winters before that. My autumn wardrobe and I are old friends. It consists of jeans, shirts and sweaters. Oh, and boots. I love boots. My wardrobe contains clothes, not "pieces". "Pieces" is a pretentious word for clothes (either that, or I've yet to discover when a clothe becomes a piece).

But wait....what have we here? A new - yes, new - navy cashmere sweater, courtesy of Uniqlo. Now, I don't usually post advertisements, but if you haven't tried Uniqlo cashmere, then I urge you to do so. It's wonderfully comfortable, not too expensive,  and most importantly of all, it NEVER BOBBLES! Bobble-free cashmere is a rarity. I had my last navy one for years, and when it finally died, it was as bobble-free as the day it was born. In fact, I actually wore it until it was thread-bare as well as bobble-free.

I do have to confess to new boots, as well, but you (I) can never have enough boots.

Have you said hello to your autumn wardrobe?

(Note to Uniqlo: you're very welcome. But now you come to mention it, a gift voucher would be lovely. Thank you.)

16 comments:

  1. I think you might know it as " pilling" in US !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer wardrobe, such as it is, only lasts a few weeks in our climate. It is a very small section of my wardrobe. Winter clothes are so much more comfortable to wear. They also do a much better job of covering up all the lumps and bumps. I'm just waiting for the last mow of the lawn and then I can relax into winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, I'm afraid my summer wardrobe is very similar to my winter one, except that tee shirts replace shirts and sweaters. Oh, and I love sandals. Boots and sandals...mmmm! But you can forget shoes. I'm just not interested.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for explaining, Frances! So sorry for the misunderstanding. But I do like the word bobble. It's visually onomatopoeic (kind of).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just said hello to my wardrobe..there was no response.........as for cashmere? I love love love it and will be trying the uniqlo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, Uniqlo cashmere isn't as ultra soft as some other cashmere, but that far outweighs the bobble effect!

      Delete
  5. It reminds me of the Black Adder episode where he keeps saying " Bob" !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Autumn wardrobe is exactly the same as mine. I can't wait to get back in to my ankle boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you and I are obviously women of taste! Enjoy your boots. I've already worn mine ☺️

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to get my autumn/winter wardrobe on the rails again each year - and, of course the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I felt the same, Rosemary. I'm very bored with mine, since I've had most of it for years. But I've got my new boots to look forward to😀

      Delete
  8. Most of my wardrobe is more or less all-year-round, but there are a few items (pieces?) that I say hello and goodbye to with the seasons. So I've said goodbye to summer dresses, tank tops and shorts (which never really got much of a chance to be worn this past summer!), and hello to some autumn jackets and sweaters. The wintriest boots and coats are still in the basement storage room, though. I hope I won't have to say hello to those before November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank tops and shorts....what a trendy soul you are, DT! I'm impressed.

      Delete
    2. I don't know about trendy... They all pretty much stayed in the wardrobe this summer, as the weather was too chilly for me to wear them!

      Delete
  9. Hi After this summer me an my autumn wardrobe are definitely on intimate terms and yes, the boots have been in action for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh. The luxury of weather that permits different wardrobes for different seasons.

    ReplyDelete