Tuesday 5 July 2011

Come in, number 40!

While I'm interested in blog stats, they don't bother me. In Love With a Horse is still riding high (so to speak), and I've no idea why. That's fine.

I'm grateful to my followers; it's nice to hear from them, and to read their blogs, but I don't feel competitive about them. But 39 followers really bothers me. After a meteoric rise (well, a bit meteoric) during the A to Z challenge, I've stuck at 39 for some time, and I don't like it. I just don't like the number 39. I couldn't get through The Thirty-nine Steps, which we had to read at school, and I hated being 39, because I just couldn't beleive that 40 was going to happen to me. Like death, and winning the lottery; 40 was something that happened to other people.

So - please will someone sign on and be number 40? You don't have to come back again, and I shan't pester you, I promise...

2 comments:

  1. I felt like that about turning 30. Funnily enough, 40 didn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There even worse big Os to come, Gail, but we wont' talk about them.

    ReplyDelete