Wednesday, 7 November 2012

I'm a celebrity. Not.

So Nadine Dorries MP is leaving her parliamentary duties to eat kangaroo testicles and other delicacies in the jungle with Ant and Dec and a few other people nobody's heard of. Is there any other job where one can just take off for a month, and still expect to be paid?

This dire programme (I did see one snippet. Once. And that was enough) should be renamed "I'm not a celebrity, but I want to be. Please let me in!" Anyone who's prepared to eat grubs among strangers and be thoroughly humiliated on TV for that length of time, never mind risk sacrificing a well- paid career in the process, needs their head examined.

Tst ts. What is the world coming to?

PS does this kind of thing help sell novels? I just thought I'd ask....

16 comments:

  1. If what you want is exposure ( and not just to Ant'n'Dec ) , this is obviously one route , and you could always write a book about it afterwards .
    However ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances, after you have won my latest giveaway, you are a celebrity in your own right - although I can't promise it will boost your book sales :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing is revolting - I'd like to send all the MPs to the jungle with no expenses, no maps and definitely no insect repellent - now that I would watch :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she wants to go let her, but as long as she understands there isn't a job for her when she gets back and she takes the trip as holiday leave without pay :-) Just like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, winning Meike's giveaway!
    I won a pair of those socks in her last giveaway and you are really going to like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to them, Kay!

      Delete
  6. Can't believe she's being allowed to go - but she's welcome to the nonsensical humiliation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beyond my comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have added that a lot of things politicians do are beyond my comprehension too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not I watched the US version, first season, and it made me wonder about the experience, since they were always surrounded by movie crew and such...."I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here!" They looked quite comfortable to me.

    ReplyDelete