1. When having a tantrum, forget the going rigid thing. It's much harder to be picked up if you do the floppy, heavy thing. No one can pick me up then.
2. Granny doesn't believe me when I say the sun has risen at six in the morning. But then, she didn't have her glasses on.
3. Granny doesn't seem to like six in the morning. Odd, that. It's my favourite time.
4. I asked her a simple question - "why is coffee?" And she couldn't answer me.
5. When she does that deep growly voice to make us laugh, she's all husky the next day.
6. If I tell her I love her, she goes all soft and gooey, and I can get away with things.
7. She has a spot on her chin and wasn't pleased when I told her about it. I thought it was rather interesting.
8. She looked quite tired when she left. I can't think why. I'm not at all tired 😃
*Reader, I confess that I was the granny in question. And if anyone knows the answer to "why is coffee?", please do let me know.
Monday, 5 December 2016
Toddler reflections after a weekend of granny-sitting*
Posted by Frances Garrood at 18:33
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm no expert, being a childless tea drinker, but I imagine the answer is 'because of the grandchild'.ReplyDelete
Depends on how you read the question, Patsy.Delete
To me, coffee is because I like it. It's hot and helps me up in the mornings. It is hot and helps me again in the afternoon. That's why is coffee.ReplyDelete
PS: I loved #3, 7 and 8!
I'm still not sure, Meike. I think the question was deeper than that....Delete
Are you sure that it was a question? Perhaps it was a statement: Why is coffee.ReplyDelete
It was a question, Graham. Everything that isn't a demand or a contradiction is a question.Delete
Actually 6.00am is quite a good time to wake up! Although not so good with a young child.ReplyDelete
You can't convince me, LLCJ. I just don't like early mornings.Delete
Coffee is because England has many cold, unpleasant days and sometimes tea just isn't up to the task.ReplyDelete
Hm. I still not sure that's the answer, Bob. Anyway, I prefer tea.Delete
Does anyone know why I can wake up at 6am and feel refreshed, but when my children were small, 6am seemed like the middle of the night? I bet you enjoyed your weekend in spite of the early start. Don't kids say the cutest things?ReplyDelete
I've never liked 6am, Maggie. But yes. It was fun, and I only had them for one night so there was only one early morning 👶Delete
I love no 6. Coffee helps you stay awake when the sun has risen - especially when it hasn't.ReplyDelete
I can't drink coffee in the early morning, Teresa. It has to be tea.Delete
I have no idea why coffee is.....I am a tea drinker! My grandson ( aged 4) asked his Mum a few days ago " why do we have cheeks ? " Not sure what the answer was.ReplyDelete
Soeaking of cheeks, French author Francoise Sagan is supposed to have said when she was just a little girl that she knew why we have bottoms because hands have hollows and bottoms have humps.Delete
I prefer tea too, Frances. As for cheeks...I'll have to think about that.Delete
So cute and great fun but good to hand them back! There's no answer to 'why is coffee', it simply is (and that's no help).ReplyDelete
Rosemary, this child is what cute is; the epitomy of cute. I still don't know about coffee.Delete