Sunday 19 October 2014

Diary of Theo, aged 13 months

Saturday 18th. October
Granny came to look after us. I don't see her often, but  the poor old thing had just fallen off her horse (she does that sometimes),  so brother and I decided to do the decent thing and behave; ie  eat our supper (the way to tell her you don't want any more is to chuck it on the floor), charge round and round the kitchen (Granny wasn't that fast because of the horse thing), have a good splash in the bath (I pretended to drown. That got her going. We had a good laugh about that, although she didn't seem that amused), go to sleep on time (actually we were pretty tired by then. I think Granny was, too. They get tired, at her age).

Sunday 19th. October
Woke at 5.30 and decided to throw a party (and all my stuff out of my cot. That's zeugma, in case you wondered). Granny said she didn't want to come to the party, stuffed my dummy back in my mouth, and told me to go back to sleep. So I threw everything out again, and made a lot more noise this time, and my brother agreed that it was time to get up. In the end, Granny gave in (they usually do, if you can stick at it), and we all got up at 6.15. We had milk, and breakfast, and played lots of games. At one stage, Granny was lying on the floor (not sure why) so we jumped on her, and my brother looked down her shirt and said he could see her boobs. He laughed a lot about that (I'm not sure why). Mummy and Daddy came back, and we pretended we'd had a terrible time and I waved Granny goodbye although she wasn't going yet (well, we didn't need her any more, did we?).

Lunch with my cousins. Atogether, a good weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely post..I can connect with some of that! Sorry to hear about the fall off the horse..hope you feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are okay after the fall, then being woken up early and jumped on and worn out! Bet you loved every minute :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved a lot of it, Teresa, but I've never been a fan of early rising!

      Delete
  3. I hope there is no lasting damage.
    I would throw myself under a horse if I had to look after children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the word 'sometimes' in the second line that caught my attention. It seemed like a small understatement. As for the rest of it all I can say is that you are a Trojan. [Hope you didn't shout otherwise you'd be a hoarse Trojan.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't shout, Graham. But I did a bit of....explaining.

      Delete
  5. Yup, that's grannies major role in life; the male equivalent just goes to the pub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. Like Adrian, I'd take drastic measures to avoid having to look after small children, but instead of throwing myself under the horse, I'd rather hop on it and ride away as fast as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's priceless, Frances! Somehow it seems funnier from that perspective. Hope you've recovered from the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recovered from everything thanks, Rosemary.

      Delete
  8. A lovely post from a different point of view. I'm sure they love granny much more than you think they do. Think you should invest in some strapping device to keep you in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, I have an amazing jacket that inflates when I leave the saddle. Magic!

      Delete
  9. My baby sitting technique is really good now. It used to be that I never got asked a second time, but now I don't even get asked the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you manage that, Patsy? Batter somebody?

      Delete
  10. My gorgeous granddaughter stayed the night when she was just under two. Her mum had forgotten her favourite teddy and littleun spent all night shouting, "I want Pink!" We said she could stay again when she was three!

    ReplyDelete