Friday 25 March 2011

The best view in the world!


There is no better view on a lovely sunny day like today than that of the countryside seen from the back of a horse. I took this photo this morning (with, I have to say, considerable difficulty).

My mobile requires a lot of fiddling about before it will take photos, and I need reading glasses to see what I'm doing. Add to that the fact that the horse said something to the effect that "if you're going to make me stand here while you're buggering about up there, we might as well go home", and tried to do just that, and you get the picture.

But I too got the picture, and I think it's rather good. Hasn't he got lovely ears?

7 comments:

  1. Hehehe! Mobiles and Glasses do need to go together, I've found. Well done to you and the horse... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ears. If I tried to take a photo on horseback I'd probably fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was slightly risky, Joanne, but worth it. I've always wanted to take that particular picture, but have never had phone and glasses on me, and sun, and horse in (reasonably) biddable mood, all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His ears are spectacular and you were very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife used to own a pony and it never failed to amaze me, when listening to horsey people's conversations, what a brilliant grasp of the English language horses have. Maybe they just don't like the look of me but a horse has never even said 'hi' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Coleete. But I'm not particularly brave (tho' occasionally a bit reckless!).

    Ah, Keith - but have you ever said 'hi' to a horse?


    (Vericiation word: 'spite'. How very nasty.)

    ReplyDelete