Thursday 22 March 2012

I know I've been banging on about conditions on Texas Death Row, but tonight on Chanel Four at 10 pm there are interviews with inmates, and I thought those of my followers who have shown interest might be interested in watching it. As I've said before, most people in this country have no idea about the appalling conditions in which inmates are kept, and this programme might help us all to understand better. Several are currently scheduled to be executed in the next few months.

3 comments:

  1. Frances, are the conditions well known in the states that have the death penalty? They should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only last night I finished a book which, among other things, portrays a man who has cooked the last meals for about 200 men convicted to death in a Texas prison. I have written a review about the book on my blog and linked to this post of yours, I hope that's OK for you; if not, just let me know and I'll remove the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patsy, yes they are. And the current governor of Texas has said he wouldn't lose any sleep over the possibility of executing innocent people!

    Thanks, Librarian. All publicity for this topic is welcome!

    ReplyDelete