1. That an iPad held at approx waist-height then dropped edge-first onto a bare foot can cause considerable pain.
2. That having a flu kind of virus can make the patient (me) very bad-tempered in the aftermath.
3. That it take three people to change the new light bulbs in our kitchen. John, to discover how difficult it it; me, to try ( and fail) to show him how it should be done; finally, clever Dave from next door to show us both how it should be done, and do it.
4. That if you lose the only key to your (my) very elderly Ford Ka and are stranded some miles from home, it takes a little man four hours to arrive and make a new one.
5. That said key costs more than the value of the car. £160, no less.
6. That things don't necessarily come in threes.