1. The best way of finding those tiny splinters of glass I thought I'd swept up is to walk about in bare feet.
2. That having spend some years doing the daily "difficult" sudoku in The Times, it is galling to discover that eleven year old grandson, unpractised and untutored, can do it in half the time.
3. And that he can beat me at Scrabble, even when I'm trying. And I thought I was quite good at Scrabble.
4. The M25 really is the motorway from hell (I used to think it was second to the M6, but not any more).
5. An interesting fact about number palindromes, courtesy of Adrian. Thank you, Adrian.
6. That the man up the lane may have ....a problem, but he has shouted at me once too often. I have feelings, too.
7. That I've really got nothing to say, but writing this gives me an excuse to sit down and do something mindless, which I need after the rigours of half term (see 2&3 above).