Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas

Christmas is not going according to plan, and the latest and biggest blip is that the nice small bushy Christmas tree (which in my memory is becoming nicer and bushier and more desirable by the minute) that I chose and PAID FOR and was going to collect, has, in the meantime, been sold to someone else. The people in the shop have been very apologetic, and they have found another tree which they are bringing round for my inspection, but it will not be the same. It will be a sad, end-of-line, unwanted, wallflower of a Christmas tree, and I have a feeling that I won't want it, either. We shan't be here for Christmas, so do we need one at all? Husband (practical, unsentimental) says no; I wail that I've always had a Christmas tree, this will be my very first Christmas ever without a Christmas tree, I WANT a Christmas tree.

So while I wait for the Christmas tree I'm not going to like to be brought to the door, I thought I'd take this opportunity to wish any passing MNWers a very happy Christmas (with or without trees), and special luck in the new year for those who have not had such a good year writing-wise. Here's to lots of positive emails and phone calls from Will in 2010. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Frances - and hoping 2010 is a Big Writing Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim. You, too. See you in February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Frances - happy Christmas to you too! And yes, let's hope for great things in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alis. Chritmas should be fine provided we can all get to one another through the snow!

    ReplyDelete