Friday 15 April 2011

Limericks (2)

Thanks do much to those who entered. The standard was amazing. In the end I decided on two winners - Joaanna and Keith - as their entries were witty, neat and they scanned beautifully. There were some very funny ones (I loved Lynne's), and John especially iked Suzy's. Fran's last line was inspired, as was Bernadette's. Martin's was very neat, too.

Could you let me have your addresses, Keith and Joanna, and let me know what you would ike (if anything) written in your copies, and I will send out the books. My email is: franstott@waitrose.com

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Frances, very much indeed! I really enjoyed reading all the limericks. And congratulations to Keith too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jolly comp that was, Frances, and well done to Joanna and Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Many thanks. Congratulations, Joanna.
    Although it didn't rhyme, Fran's made me laugh out loud.
    I hope your computer problems soon get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for running that, Frances. It was a bit of fun in the middle of a hard-working day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I really enjoyed it too. There's a lot of talent out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to the winners. Thanks for the fun of that competition Frances.

    ReplyDelete