Saturday 11 August 2012

The horse diaries

Did you see those horses in the individual dressage (Olympics) a couple of days ago? They were absolutely amazing. Titch, however, does not agree.

Titch: You want me to WHAT?
Me: Dance. To music.
Titch: Horses don't dance, and they don't like music.
Me: Those ones did.
Titch: They were faking it.
Me; Couldn't we just have a little try? Just a little sideways bounce, without the music?
Titch: You have a very short memory. I did a little sidways bounce just the other day, and you fell off.
Me: That's a bit below the belt. Beside, I wasn't expecting it!
Titch: Neither was I. That deer just shot out in front of me.
Me: Titch, that was not a dance. You spooked. Not funny, not clever, and very, very painful.
Titch: Well, I did come back to find you.
Me: True. But we're getting away from the subject. Now about the dancing. Couldn't we just -
Titch: Got any carrots?

I give up. No Olympics for us, then. Another ambition bites the dust. Damn.

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful Frances... I laughed out loud just picturing his nodding and head shaking as you are trying to get him to see that he could be a superstar in the ring.:-) The girls who lived next door to me when I was growing up had horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad that he's so reluctant. He's got the legs for it.

      Delete
  2. The whole horse jumping, dressage thing has been fabulous. Titch is just a teeny bit jealous I think. How they mangage to train the horses to do those intricate moves is amazing (how many times have we heard that word during the Olympics?) Sadly, it all comes to an end on Sunday. But The Great British Bake Off is back - hurray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's been absolutely stunning, hasn't it.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Titch . In a choice between carrot crunching and waltzing in a ring , I'd choose carrots every time .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about your Olympic ambition being thwarted by Titch. But I'm sure he deserves a carrot anyway. :~)
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titch is incredibly spoilt, but that what comes of being so beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Be firm and masterful Frances. No dance then no carrot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firm and masterful...hmmm...might give it a try...

      Delete
  6. Well, if there's no medal in sight for Titch and yourself at the Olympics, at least you'll still be in the Guinness Book of Records for the largest and most impressive bruise...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that! Is it too late, do you think?

      Delete
  7. Oh go on, give him a carrot :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, he's had dozens of carrots. When I run out, he gets Extra Strong Mints, but isn't quite so keen on those.

      Delete
  8. I've heard a rumour that medal winning dressage horses are allowed to eat buckets of carrots every day. Thought Titch might be interested.

    ReplyDelete