Monday 26 December 2011

Magpie 97 - a post-Christmas Carol











A secular carol for the end of Christmas

Drink up, you merry gentlemen, and party while you may.
I've wrapped myself in tinsel, lads, and now I'm on my way.
I'll have my wicked way with you, whatever you may say,
Oh-oh tidings of festive fun and joy, fu-un and joy.
Oh-oh tidings of festive fun and and joy.

I've bleached my hair and glossed my lips, and whitened all my teeth.
I've stuck a figleaf on each breast (but nothing underneath).
And round my hips I'm wearing just a ribboned ivy wreath.
Oh-oh come lads and meet me at the door, a-at the door,
Oh-oh come out lads, for fun, and much much more!


(To be sung to the tune of Oh Rest you Merry Gentlemen)

Thanks to Magpie Tales for the photo

18 comments:

  1. And fun, she had.........

    Great Yuletide take! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this! (a woman after my own heart) ... I have written poetic lyrics to 'Hey Look Me Over' for a post scheduled for New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godo take on this, which only adds to the pathos of the photo and the person it depicts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is clever Frances! Hehe(!) - yet agree it adds to the pathos.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was singing it in my head as I was reading it. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Frances. You're well into the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well! She sounds like a party girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. only half a bottle??? i'm way ahead of you darling!!! everyone wants to be loved, some find it harder than others..god bless Marilyn..XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the generous coments, It wasn't until I'd written it that I realised who the girl was. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was wonderful! Good job, Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a different yuletide song...I love it@@

    ReplyDelete
  12. a diferent take...a nice one and thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Yvonne, Susie and Wayne. And a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I may try and sing this out loud later! Fun indeed!

    A very Happy New Year to you and your family, Francess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lena and Christine. Have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete