Friday 23 December 2011

A very dull post about a wall planner


While waiting for a phone call (about the horse, needless to say), I decided to buy a wall planner for next year. Not to plan my wall, but to plan my year. Because nothing else works. Not diaries, not calendars, not filofaxes. No. I need to see the whole year in one go.

So off to Amazon (where else?). And oh, the choice. There are mounted ones and unmounted ones; laminated ones and plain. There are holiday ones and planners with highlighted week-ends, and there are ones with pens and stickers (stickers?) included. They come in a wide range of prices and colours, and some of them are Amazon Prime (ie I don't have to pay postage) and some not. Are you losing the will to live yet? Because I certainly was.

Anyway, I've ordered one. How exciting is that. And that's its portrait up at the top of this post. (And writing this post was all because of waiting for that phone call, too, because I can't settle to anything sensible when I'm waiting. And yes. I do have better things to do. I just can't get down to them.)

Oh a less mind-numbingly boring note, I do hope you all have a very happy Christmas, with lots of books you haven't already read, as much chocolate as you feel you need, and (if you want one) a spanking new Kindle.

11 comments:

  1. My dad always wants a wall planner. He usually gets one from me, and I usually get one as a freebie from one of the company's business partners. Ten years ago, my dad retired, and he now has so many appointments he needs the planner to keep track of them.
    Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho! Ho! Ho! Frances. I've enjoyed your posts this year, and look forward to reading more in 2012. I truly enjoy your humour. Have a happy and safe xmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've just reminded me that I need something like that this year - good idea to see everything at once.

    Have a very Happy Christmas, Frances!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wall planners - I used to use one every year, but now I lack wall space so have to make do with a calendar - poor old me.
    Happy Christmas, Frances - hope you get lots of lovely books x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thansk vyer much for all those comments, everyone, and I do hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

    Off now to do the last bit of wrapping...

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your last comment I now have an image of a very big Christmas package with ears at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seriously managed any paper-based system at home (work diaries were different - they had to be wherever I was at all times...) but now that I have a smartphone my life is transformed - seriously! It's always with me (I'm like some teenager in that respect as all my friends are constantly pointing out) so I'm never without the ability to put things in or check on stuff. Sorted!
    But enjoy your year-planner Frances - you're obviously able to cope with more information all at once than I am.
    Thanks for the amusement, entertainment and food for thought that your blog has provided us all with this year and Merry Christmas to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely thoughts shared.


    Greetings:

    Happy Holidays.

    Got talent in short fiction? check out our short story slam week 17 prompt today,

    Sample something new is a way to escape boredom,

    Hope to see you be part of our short story slam team.

    Best!

    Enjoy A Blessed Winter Break.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thansm, everyone, for those comments. And (once again) I do hope you all had a wonderful Chriistmas.

    ReplyDelete